Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- CentOS 6 Essentials ©2012 (Neil Smyth)
- Mobile Developer's Guide To The Galaxy, 10th Edition ©2012
Post under Mobile Devices Development and Programming on Sat Mar 31, 2012
This book provides an overview on the different mobile technologies and platforms.
- Genetic Algorithms in Applications ©2012 (Rustem Popa)
- The Book of Ruby: A Hands-On Guide for the Adventurous ©2011
Post under Ruby and Ruby on Rails Programming on Sat Mar 31, 2012
This book reveals the secret inner workings of one of the world's most popular programming languages, teaching you to write clear, maintainable code.
- Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis in Java, Third Edition ©2012
Post under Introduction to Java, Basic and Core Java on Sat Mar 24, 2012
A comprehensive treatment focusing on the creation of efficient data structures and algorithms. It uses Java as the programming language and is suitable for second-year data structure courses and computer science courses in algorithmic analysis.
- Wireless Communications and Networks - Recent Advances ©2012
Post under Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing on Sat Mar 24, 2012
This book will provide a comprehensive technical guide covering fundamentals, recent advances and open issues in wireless communications and networks to the readers.
- C++ Annotations, Version 9.2.x ©1994-2012 (Frank B. Brokken)
Post under The C++ Programming Language on Sat Mar 24, 2012
It is intended for knowledgeable users of C (or any other language using a C-like grammar, like Perl or Java) who would like to know more about, or make the transition to, C++.
- Fundamentals of Programming C++ ©2010 (Richard L. Halterman)
Post under The C++ Programming Language on Sat Mar 24, 2012
This book teaches the basics of C++ programming in an easy-to-follow style, without assuming previous experience in any other language.
- Embedded Systems - High Performance Systems, Applications and Projects
Post under Embedded Systems on Sat Mar 17, 2012
It addresses a wide spectrum of topics on embedded systems, including parallel computing, communication architecture, application-specific systems, and embedded systems projects.
- The Architecture of Open Source Applications ©2011 (Amy Brown, et al)
Post under Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) on Sat Mar 17, 2012
In this book, the authors of twenty-five open source applications explain how their software is structured, and why. What are each program's major components? How do they interact? And what did their builders learn during their development?
- Computer Systems: A Programmer's Perspective, 2nd Edition ©2010
Post under Computer System, Organization, and Architecture on Sat Mar 17, 2012
Introducing the important and enduring concepts that underlie computer systems by showing how these ideas affect the correctness, performance, and utility of application programs.
- Build Your Own PC - an Illustrated Step by Step Guide to Building a PC
Post under Computer Hardware and Personal Computers (PC) on Sat Mar 17, 2012
You'll learn to assemble both tower and desktop PCs, know how much to spend on parts to get desired performance, troubleshoot common problems, and much more.
- Computer Networking: Principles, Protocols and Practice ©2012
Post under Computer Networks and Communications on Sat Mar 10, 2012
Building on the successful top-down approach, this book continues with an early emphasis on application-layer paradigms and application programming interfaces, encouraging a hands-on experience with protocols and networking concepts.
- Computer Organization and Design Fundamentals ©2011 (David Tarnoff)
Post under Computer System, Organization, and Architecture on Sat Mar 10, 2012
This book takes the reader from the basic design principles of the modern digital computer to a top-level examination of its architecture.
- Analytic Combinatorics ©2009 (Philippe Flajolet and Robert Sedgewick)
Post under Combinatorics and Game Theory on Sat Mar 10, 2012
This self-contained text covers the mathematics underlying the analysis of discrete structures, with thorough treatment of a large number of applications.
- User Mode Linux ©2006 (Jeff Dike)
- Build a Computer from Scratch ©2006 (Jeff Heaton)
Post under Computer Hardware and Personal Computers (PC) on Sat Mar 10, 2012
This book will take you through all of the steps to create a powerful computer system.
- Embedded Systems - Theory and Design Methodology ©2012 (K. Tanaka)
Post under Embedded Systems on Sat Mar 03, 2012
This book addresses a wide spectrum of research topics on embedded systems, including basic researches, theoretical studies, and practical work.
- Building Hybrid Applications in the Cloud on Windows Azure ©2012
- Programming Vertex, Geometry, and Pixel Shaders ©2011 (W. Engel, et al)
Post under Computer / Video Game Programming and Computer Graphics on Sat Mar 03, 2012
This practical book covers all of the advanced rendering techniques important for graphics programmers in the game and film industries, and will help them implement these techniques efficiently with DirectX 10. It also teaches the High-Level Shading Language (HLSL).
- Mathematical Tools for Physics ©2010 (James Nearing)
- P, NP, and NP-Completeness: The Basics of Computational Complexity
Post under Computational Complexity on Sat Mar 03, 2012
This undergraduate introduction to computational complexity offers a wide perspective on two central issues in theoretical computer science.
- Matters Computational: Ideas, Algorithms, Source Code ©2010 (J. Arndt)
Post under Algorithms and Computational and Algorithmic Mathematics on Sat Mar 03, 2012
This book provides algorithms and ideas for computationalists, whether a working programmer or anyone interested in methods of computation. The focus is on material that does not usually appear in textbooks on algorithms.
- Ada for Software Engineers, 2nd Edition ©2009 (Mordechai Ben-Ari)
Post under The ADA Programming Language on Sat Mar 03, 2012
This textbook is intended for experienced programmers (advanced students and practicing software engineers) who need to master software design and programming in Ada.
- Java Fundamentals ©2008 (Gary Marrer)
Post under Introduction to Java, Basic Java on Sat Mar 03, 2012
This is an entry level textbook on the Java programming language.
- More Games of No Chance ©2002-2011 (Richard J. Nowakowski)
Post under Combinatorics and Game Theory on Sat Mar 03, 2012
This fascinating collection of articles by some of the top names in the field is a state-of-the-art look at combinatorial games.