Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Principles of Geographic Information Systems (GIS): an Introductory
Post under Geographic Information System (GIS), Web Mapping, and GPS on Sat Nov 24, 2012
This book is designed to provide students a solid foundation in both GIS concepts and the use of GIS. It strikes a careful balance between GIS concepts and hands-on applications.
- Theory and Applications for Advanced Text Mining ©2012 (S. Sakurai)
Post under Data Analysis and Data Mining, Big Data on Sat Nov 24, 2012
This book introduces advanced text mining techniques. They are various techniques from relation extraction to under or less resourced language. This book will give new knowledge in the text mining field and help many readers open their new research fields.
- Evil by Design: Design Patterns that Lead Us into Temptation ©2012
- Start Programming Using Object Pascal ©2012 (Motaz Abdel Azeem)
- PHP: The Right Way ©2012 (Josh Lockhart)
Post under PHP (Personal Home Pages) Programming on Sat Nov 24, 2012
This book is an easy-to-read, quick reference for PHP best practices, accepted coding standards, and links to authoritative tutorials around the Web.
- Recent Advances in Steganography ©2012 (Hedieh Sajedi)
Post under Steganography, Steganalysis, and Computer Forensics on Sat Nov 17, 2012
Steganography is the art and science of communicating which hides the existence of the communication. This book's focus is on a relatively new field of study in Steganography.
- Network Programming with Go ©2012 (Jan Newmarch)
- Final Edition: Introducing Windows 8 for IT Professionals ©2012
Post under Microsoft Windows and Applications on Sat Nov 17, 2012
Based on final, release-to-manufacturing (RTM) software, this book introduces new features and capabilities, with scenario-based insights demonstrating how to plan for, implement, and maintain Windows 8 in an enterprise environment.
- Linux Sound ©2012 (Jan Newmarch)
Post under Core Lunx on Sat Nov 17, 2012
In concise, easy-to-understand English, this book demystifies the Linux audio system set-up, describes basic and advanced use of the system, and profiles the broad range of sound and music applications and development software available for Linux.
- Porting to Python 3: An In-depth Guide ©2011 (Lennart Regebro)
Post under Python Programming on Sat Nov 17, 2012
This book guides you through the process of porting your Python 2 code to Python 3, from choosing a porting strategy to solving your distribution issues.
- Book of Proof ©2009 (Richard Hammack)
- Windows 8 for Dummies, Dell Pocket Edition ©2013 (Andy Rathbone)
Post under Microsoft Windows Servers and Applications on Sat Nov 10, 2012
This book walks readers through the basics, from the core activities that don't change from version to version, to the tools that enhance the system, to the latest updates that make Windows 8 different from previous versions.
- F# Succinctly: Combine the Functional Programming with the .NET ©2012
Post under Microsoft .NET and F# Programming on Sat Nov 10, 2012
This book is a quick-start guide to the F# programming language.
- Foundations of Jini 2 Programming ©2006 (Jan Newmarch)
Post under Java Distributed Computing and Networking on Sat Nov 10, 2012
This is the perfect book for any Java programmer interested in learning and applying Jini toward their respective network applications (any Java-enabled device interoperable with another Java-enabled device).
- Application of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) ©2012 (B. Alam)
Post under Geographic Information System (GIS), Web Mapping, and GPS on Sat Nov 03, 2012
Presents findings that explain GISís applications in different subfields of social sciences.
- An Introduction to R: Environment for Data Analysis and Graphics ©2012
- Getting Started with Data Warehousing ©2012 (Neeraj Sharma, et al)
Post under Data Analysis and Data Mining, Big Data, Data Warehouse on Sat Nov 03, 2012
This book is for enthusiasts of data warehousing who have limited exposure to databases and would like to learn data warehousing concepts end-to-end.
- Thinking Web: Voices of the Community ©2012 (John Borda,, et al)
Post under Website Style, Design and Accessibility on Sat Nov 03, 2012
This is a collaborative book by the SitePoint Community. In this book, 11 members from SitePoint Forums share their knowledge on topics related to web design and development.
- Intro to ASP.NET MVC 4 with Visual Studio, Step-by-Step ©2012
- The Art of SQL Server FILESTREAM ©2012 (Jacob Sebastian, ...)
Post under Miscrosoft SQL Server on Sat Nov 03, 2012
This book guides you step-by-step through every phase of FILESTREAM implementation, from enabling the feature, to creating FILESTREAM tables, to manipulating FILESTREAM data through the streaming APIs.
- Object Oriented Programming in Java ©2008 (Richard L. Halterman)
- BIOS Disassembly Ninjutsu Uncovered ©2006 (Darmawan Salihun)
Post under Computer Hardware and Personal Computers on Sat Nov 03, 2012
This book is primarily oriented toward system programmers and computer security experts.
- A Handbook of Statistical Analyses Using R ©2006 (Brian S. Everitt, ...)
- O'Reilly® Developing Applications with Objective Caml ©2002
Post under Objective Caml (OCaml) Programming Language on Sat Nov 03, 2012
This book is a preliminary english translation of a comprehensive book on OCaml, covering not only the core language, but also modules, objects and classes, threads and systems programming, and interoperability with C.
- Object-Oriented Programming in C++, 3rd Edition ©1998 (Robert Lafore)
- LAPACK Users' Guide, 3rd Edition ©1987-1999 (E. Anderson, Z. Bai, et al)