Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Introducing Windows 8: An Overview for IT Professionals ©2012
Post under Microsoft Windows and Applications on Sat Oct 27, 2012
It introduces new features and capabilities, with scenario-based insights demonstrating how to plan for, deploy, and maintain Windows 8 in an enterprise environment.
- Genetic Programming - New Approaches & Successful Applications ©2012
Post under Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Logic Programming on Sat Oct 27, 2012
The purpose of this is to how recent advances in the field of Genetic Programming (GP), both the development of new theoretical approaches and the emergence of applications that have successfully solved different real world problems.
- Introduction to Python for Econometrics, Statistics & Data Analysis ©2012
- Knockout.js Succinctly ©2012 (Ryan Hodson)
Complete with code examples and informative diagrams yet shorter than 100 pages, this book is the one resource you need for getting started with Knockout as fast as possible.
- Linux Kernel Crash Book ©2011 (Igor Ljubuncic)
Post under Unix/Linux System Administration on Sat Oct 27, 2012
A first aid guide for Linux system and network administrators, this book provides quick solutions to a variety of Linux system problems.
- O'Reilly® Windows PowerShell Cookbook, 3rd Edition ©2013 (Lee Holmes)
Post under Microsoft Windows Programming on Sat Oct 20, 2012
An introduction to the PowerShell language and scripting environment provides more than 400 task-oriented recipes to help you solve the most complex and pressing problems.
- O'Reilly® Designing Evolvable Web APIs with ASP.NET ©2013
- Objective-C 2.0 Essentials, Second Edition ©2012 (Neil Smyth)
- Baking Pi - Operating Systems Development ©2012 (Alex Chadwick)
Post under Operating Systems Design and Construction on Sat Oct 20, 2012
This book takes you through the basics of operating systems development in assembly code.
- Think Bayes: Bayesian Statistics Made Simple ©2012 (Allen B. Downey)
- Developing Modern Mobile Web Apps: Patterns and Practices ©2012
- PHP Best Practices: A Short, Practical Guide ©2012 (Alex Cabal)
Post under PHP Programming on Sat Oct 13, 2012
A guide to the best direction to take when facing one of the common low-level tasks a PHP programmer might encounter that are unclear because of the many options PHP might offer.
- Problem Solving with Algorithms and Data Structures Using Python ©2012
- Learn C The Hard Way: A Clear and Direct Introduction To Modern C ©2013
Post under The C and Objective C Programming on Sat Oct 06, 2012
This free book is a clear and direct introduction to modern C programming.
- The R Inferno ©2011-2012 (Patrick Burns)
- iPhone iOS 6 Development Essentials ©2012 (Neil Smyth)
Post under iPhone/iPad Development and Programming on Sat Oct 06, 2012
The aim of this book is to teach you the skills necessary to build your own applications for the iPhone running iOS 6.
- Kindle Fire Development Essentials ©2012 (Neil Smyth)
Post under Android Development and Programming on Sat Oct 06, 2012
This book will cover the development of applications for the Kindle Fire.
- First Course in Programming with Karel the Robot and Python ©2012
- How To Write Your Own Software Using Python ©2012 (Steven F. Lott)
- MATLAB - A Tool for Scientific Computing and Engineering Apps ©2012
Post under Mathematical and Computational Software on Sat Oct 06, 2012
This is a three-volume series deploying MATLAB-based applications in almost every branch of science and engineering.
- Python Scripting for Computational Science ©2010 (Hans Langtangen)
Post under Python, Object-Oriented (OOD/OOP), and Computational Mathematics on Sat Oct 06, 2012
This brilliantly useful book shows computational scientists how to develop tailored, flexible, and human-efficient working environments built from small scripts written in the easy-to-learn, high-level Python language.
- Introduction to Objective Caml Programming Language ©2008 (J. Hickey)
Post under Objective Caml (OCaml) Programming Language on Sat Oct 06, 2012
This book is intended for programmers, undergraduate and beginning graduate students with some experience programming in a procedural programming language like C or Java, or in some other functional programming language.
- Java Structures: Data Structures for the Principled Programmer ©2007
- Java: Learning to Program with Robots ©2006 (Byron Weber Becker)
- Rapid C# Windows Development ©2006 (Joseph Chancellor)
- Programming in C - UNIX System Calls and Subroutines Using C ©2005
- Object-Oriented Programming in C++, 4th Edition ©2001 (Robert Lafore)